Vistara Growth is a small team of dedicated professionals who are passionate about enabling growth of the technology ecosystem and at Vistara’s portfolio companies. Interested in joining the team? Please apply to any of the positions below or otherwise, contact us.
The deadline for submissions is October 15, 2021.
At Vistara (Sanskrit for “expansion”), our core purpose is to enable growth of the companies we invest in, our investors, our people, and the communities we operate in. We provide highly flexible capital solutions in the form of growth debt and/or growth equity to meet the financing needs of mid-later stage technology companies across North America.
We invest exclusively in technology with a primary focus on enterprise software, including targeted key verticals of Cloud/IT infrastructure, Security, Fintech, AI, and Healthcare IT. We are currently investing from our latest Vistara Technology Growth Fund IV LP, continuing our own expansion since inception in 2015.
Based in either Toronto or Vancouver, you will be an integral member of our investment team supporting all aspects of the deal process: Sourcing, Execution, and Enablement. Our ideal candidate embraces a dynamic, multifaceted role in an entrepreneurial organization where they will gain broad exposure to our senior deal team, technology company executives, and other investors in the technology funding ecosystem.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support the investment team in identifying and qualifying prospective investment opportunities.
- Perform preliminary financial, strategic, and competitive analysis of prospective investments, including evaluating detailed financial models.
- Manage the deal pipeline through our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Facilitate coverage of key investment verticals, including industry mappings as well as identifying key stakeholders and events.
- Develop and write short and long form investment theses as well as other memoranda as needed by deal team / investment committee.
- Assist in drafting summary proposals, term sheets, and letters of intent to be shared with potential target companies.
- Support in-depth due diligence efforts with senior deal team members as well as general deal closing workflows.
- Oversee post-investment portfolio management, including analyzing performance and trends from portfolio company reporting.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry trends and provide other relevant news to the investment team on an ongoing basis.
- Support general fund operations, including liaising with finance and marketing teams around investor reporting as well as company data collection and tracking.
- Participate in strategic initiatives for Vistara Growth that help us grow and further enable our companies, investors, people and communities.
- Strong desire to become a technology investor as a core member of a dynamic entrepreneurial team.
- 2-5 years of experience: Investment (growth equity, venture capital, investment or commercial banking); Professional Services (corporate finance transaction services or consulting, audit-only experience would not qualify); or Operating Role (finance, corporate development with a technology company).
- Familiarity with equity and/or debt structures utilized by private technology investors is an asset.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to synthesize large amounts of data into summarized insights for presentation to investment team members.
- High level of proficiency in MS Office (particularly Excel) required with experience in other technology systems being an asset.
- Highly organized, able to handle multiple parallel tasks, and effectively prioritize where needed.
- Accounting (CPA / CA) or Finance (e.g. CBV, CFA) designations are an asset but not a requirement.
- Proactively solicits opinions and ideas. Curious and enthusiastic to learn and grow
Our team operates safely and collaboratively from our offices in both Vancouver and Toronto, while having a flexible work environment that allows for part, but not full-time remote participation.
If you meet the above criteria and are eager to pursue this unique opportunity, please send your CV, plus either a cover letter or short video explaining why you are a strong fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome all applicants, as we are strong supporters of diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and through a number of community initiatives. We sincerely appreciate all submissions, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.